Rani Jhansi Mahal
Built by Raghu Nath-II of Nawalkar family (1769-96), this palace later formed as one of the residences for Rani Laxmi Bai. Architecturally, it a flat- roofed double-storeyed building having a quadrangular courtyard with a small well and one fountain each on either side. The palace consists of six halls and parallel corridors with multi-foiled arches and a number of small rooms. The Darbar hall approached by a flight of steps is beautifully decorated with paintings in bright colours exhibiting various floral, faunal and geometrical, motifs. The arches are embellished with peacock and rosette patterns. Its major portion was damaged by British pounding during the war of freedom. The ground floor of the palace houses stone sculptures collected from Madanpur, Barua Sagar, Dudhai and Chandpur dating from Gupta to Medieval period.
ROOM NO 4A,
INDIRA GANDHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, DELHI
Contact: P. L. MeenaCUSTOMS OFFICE, MUMBAI
SION FORT, MUMBAI