Chitradurga is situated 190 kms. from Bangalore on Bangalore - Pune National Highway and the place grew into an important corridor of transit during the late medieval period as attested by many inscriptions of Chalukyas, Hoyasalas and Vijayanagara period. Locally known as "Elu - Sutina Kote" means seven encircles walled fort. The fort gained prominance during the Vijayanagara empire and on the fall of Vijayanagara empire, the Chitradurga declared as independent and ruled effectively from 1568 to 1779. The architectural rendering of the fortification is known for its massive walls encircling the palace with majestic guarded gateways, magazines, water storage tanks, bastions at regular intervals.
Citizens of India and visitors of SAARC (Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Maldives and Afghanistan) and BIMSTEC Countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Myanmar) - Rs. 15 per head.
Others: Indian Rs. 200/- per head
(Free entry to children up to 15 years)