The site, Cotta Chandor was subjected to excavation for two filed seasons (2002-03 and 2003-04) which has exposed the complete plan of brick temple complex (datable from 4th -11th century A.D.) and unearthed five phases of structural activity in the temple site with an enclosure wall from Bhojas, Chalukyas, Silharas, Kadambas to Portuguese period. Trial pits dug at different parts of the mound has also revealed habitational remains from the times of Silharas to Pre- Portuguese. Turquoise glaze ceramic found from the site suggests maritime trade with Arab countries.
Chandore, dt. North Goa
Chandor (ancient Chandrapur ) was the capital city during Bhojas (4th century A.D.) and continued upto Kadambas (11th cent. A.D.) and also inland port. In the past the site was excavated long back in 1930 and then again in 1974-75 which had brought to light remains of brick temple. The recent excavations conducted at the site in 2000-01, 2001-02 and 2002-03 has unearthed five phases of structural activities in the temple site with an enclosure wall. The digging in the rampart area has confirmed three phases of development of the fortification.
St.Augustine complex, Dt. North Goa
The work carried out during 2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04 and 2004-05 has revealed stone benches built of basalt laid on either end of the paved floor extending towards altar side. It also revealed the structures adjoining the blessed sacrament, chapel in the convent with an antechamber and another rectangular front hall for chapel.
Two tomb stones with engravings in Portuguese were discovered from the convent portion. These two are identified to be of Siqueire and other of Trindade.
St. Paul Gate, dt.North Goa
The excavation carried out at the site during 2002-03 did not yield any structural remains except the surface findings like broken stone, circular columns, laterite blocks. The site was highly disturbed due to coconut cultivation.