ASI Training Syllabus Paper05
Syllabus for PGDA
1. Definition and scope.
2. Brief review of archaeology of pre-Mauryan period from 6th century B.C. to 4th century B.C. and contemporary cultural assemblage including potteries of the sub-continent.
3. Technology and elements of economy – historical urbanization.
4. Archaeology of Mauryan period: NBP and other contemporary wares, use of scripts and other salient elements: late 4th century B.C. to 2nd century B.C.
5. Archaeology of post-Maurya period (2nd century B.C. to end of 3rd century A.D.).
6. Archaeology of the period of the Guptas and other contemporary dynasties (4th century A.D. to 6th century A.D.).
7. Archaeology of 7th century A.D. to 10th century A.D. in different regions.
8. Archaeology of 11th century A.D. to 13th century A.D. in different regions.
9. Archaeology of 14th century A.D. to 16th century A.D. in different regions.
10. Archaeology of 17th century A.D. to 19th century A.D. in different regions.
Important excavated sites
1. Cultural sequence of important sites:
Sites for detailed study
6. Purana Qila
12. Fatehpur Sikri
Sites for general study
17. Thanesar (Harsha-ka-Tila)
18. Vadgaon Madhavpur
20. Velha Goa
- National Commission for Scheduled Castes
- Regional Director
- Excavation Branches
- Prehistory Branch
- Architectural Survey Projects
- Epigraphical Studies & Branches
- Underwater Archaeology Wing
- Science Branch
- Horticulture Branch
- Central Antiquity Collection
- Central Archaeological Library
- Institute of Archaeology