Frequently Asked Questions for:
Q. What is antiquity?
Ans. In the AMASR Act, antiquity means any coin, sculpture, manuscript, epigraph, or other work of art or craftsmanship. It also include any article, object or thing detached from a building or cave, and any article, object or thing illustrative of science, art, crafts, literature, religion, customs, morals or politics in bygone ages, any article, object or thing of historical interest.Besides the Central Government may also declare any article, object or thing as antiquity by notification in the official gazette for the purpose of this act.Provided any such object has been in existence for not less than 100 years.
- Ancient Monuments
- Archaeological Sites and Remains
- Archaeological Excavation
- Excavation in Protected Areas
- Excavation in areas other than Protected Areas
- Protected Monuments
- Opening / Entrance Fee of Monuments
- Photography, Filming of Monuments
- Filming in Protected Monuments
- Activities not permitted in Protected Monuments
- Prohibited Area
- Regulated Area